List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22718] Re: where are filter rules stored?
From:       David Ayers <fogey () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2004-04-19 13:37:46

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:26:54 -0700
Wm.G.McGrath <wgm@telus.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:19:23 +0930
> Mark Smith
> <sylpheed@73796c706865656420323030342d30342d30390a.nosense.org>
> wrote:
>
> : On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:33:22 -0700
> : Wm.G.McGrath <wgm@telus.net> wrote:
> :
> : >
> : > Hi all,
> : >
> : > Can someone tell me where sylpheed stores its mail filtering
> : > rules? I'd rather transfer a batch of rules from one machine to
> : > another than try and duplicate them manually?
> : >
> :
> : I'd be guessting in the file "filterrc" within the .sylpheed
> : subdirectory of your home directory. Viewing it with less, it
> : looks like a slightly specially formatted version of my filtering
> : rules.
> :
> : I don't know if there would be problems just copying that file
> : over to a new install of Sylpheed though. Somebody else might.
>

> Thanks Mark,
>
> It does indeed work, although I had to change permissions on the
> file from 600 to 660. Hey, I didn't even know I had a .sylpheed
> directory. Brain is still asleep I guess. ;) Next I'll try the
> address book!
>
> b.

FWIW, I keep a copy of Sylpheed on a laptop that I take when we travel.
Before we leave, I simply copy my entire .sylpheed file as well as my mail
directory from home desktop to the laptop. When I return I reverse the
process. I have never had any trouble doing this.

Dave

--
David Ayers
Quincy, Illinois, USA