List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22713] Re: Dealing with Microsoft's concept of
From:       Godwin Stewart <gstewart () bonivet ! net>
Date:       2004-04-16 12:53:21

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:35:33 +0200, John Shane <jslists@mtwafrica.org>
wrote:

> Thanks all. this thread was quite helpful.  I use sylpheed and for the
> first time recently had someone tell me that the message I sent with
> attached itinerary was blank!  We both just shrugged it off and got on
> with life.  Now I know that it's because his Outlook is broken. ;-)

Never underestimate the b0rkenness of Outlook and Outlook Express. Neither
of them can even quote properly without using 3rd part add-ons like
quote-fix. Neither of them threads mail messages correctly, although you
*can* thread messages coming from Outlook Express because it does send
usable In-Reply-To: and References: headers.

begin  this_will_wipe_your_disk_and_turn_your_underwear_pink.exe

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@bonivet.net -- gstewart@spamcop.net
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.4.25)