List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22613] Version 0.9.10, partial lockup
From:       "Thomas Beinhauer" <lists () beinhauer ! info>
Date:       2004-03-27 17:05:58

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:05:44 +0900
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y@kcn.ne.jp> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:02:47 -0800
> Roger Pryor <rjpryor@unix.infoserve.net> wrote:
>
> > On two occasions, each on separate machines, we have experienced a
> > partial lockup of Sylpheed 0.9.10.  The symptoms are:  grayed-out file
> > and Configuration menus, grayed out Get, Get All, Reply, Reply all,
> > Forward, Delete buttons, and a failure to retrieve mail on schedule.
> > The Close icon (top right) is also non-functional, and the only way
> > out is a process kill.  Compose and send functions seem to be working.
>
> It seems that it somehow sticked to the mail-receiving state.

Hello,
I am having the same behavior here. It appeares when I hit the receive or receive-all button. All is fine \
with automatic downloading of messages. Sylpheed freezes completely when I try to open something in \
Configuration menu.

> * does "Message - Receive - Cancel receiving" menu work?

It is grayed out.

> * what's the output of log window / ~/.sylpheed/sylpheed.log ?
> * when running from a command-line, are there any warning / error
> messages?
> * when running from a command-line with --debug option, what's the
> output of the debug messages?

It shows up nothing.

> * does 0.9.9 have the same problem?

Yes. I upgraded to 0.9.10 because of this. I don't know exactly when this behavior occured, because \
normally I use automatic downloading of messages. It seems to be a permission problem, because sylpheed \
started as root, does not have this problem. However I don't know how to solve this.

Thank you for any help and this great software.
Thomas