List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:22362] german characters =?ISO-8859-15?Q?(=FC,=F6,=E4)?= not visible in
From:       Matthias Schweinoch <matthias.schweinoch () epost ! de>
Date:       2004-02-23 20:39:59

hi,

i have downloaded and installed sylpheed 0.9.9 on my debian linux box (woody 3.0r1), and when i compose \
mails, special german characters (such as those mentioned in the topic) won't appear visible in the body \
area.

for example, as i type this letter ä, it remains invisible to me - when i recieve this mail, i can see \
the letter, but now, writing the email, the letter is not visible. another strange thing is that this \
effect seems to be limited to the body part of mail composition: in the subject line, i can see the \
characters as i type them, and in the "to" and "cc" fields as well. but here in the body, they remain \
invisible.

the following characters (among others?) are affected:

äöüÄÖÜߧ°

the above line is completely invisible to me right now during composition.

i'd be thankful for any ideas and suggestions.

matthias