List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:21723] Re: focus problem
From:       Alfons Hoogervorst <alfons () proteus ! demon ! nl>
Date:       2003-09-30 22:54:19

Lo Richard,

On 30-09-03 (Tue) 23:07 +0100 Richard Kimber <rkimber@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

| Justifying what a user feels isn't optimal by saying "It has been
| working that way for years" isn't intellectually very satisfying.  And
| it's not clear how much experience of Sylpheed you expect people to
| have before they can be said to have a reasonable point of view.
| Obviously newbies don't count for you.

I've got the ChangeLog.claws and the sylpheed ChangeLog, plus the code
in Claws CVS to back me up on these unfounded allegations.

But yes, things that worked for two+ years, and were obviously based on
Emacs-based mail clients, I'd refuse to touch. Most certainly because a
lot of people happen to be used to the current navigation (with the side
note that I don't claim to speak for others, but the number of years
that sylpheed exists seems to me pretty convincing.)

Bye.

--
Ecuación algebraico sin solución posible,
a menos de poseer profundos conocimientos