List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:21681] List netiquette (was: BUG REPORT)
From:       Godwin Stewart <gstewart () bonivet ! net>
Date:       2003-09-28 17:37:41

And Thus Spake Alfons Hoogervorst <alfons@proteus.demon.nl> (on Sun, 28 Sep
2003 17:59:12 +0200):

> | There are as well high-volume lists where people expect their threads
> | to be cc'ed ...
>
> (Which is imho rather insane, because it defeats the purpose of a
> mailing list.)

FWIW I have a mailing list and usenet posting netiquette page.

Stephan, you might want to read it to get an idea of generally accepted
practices on tech mailing lists (not just linux-oriented).

Of course, I'm open to constructive criticism if there are things you
(that's a collective 'you' addressed to the mailing list) feel are incorrect
or missing, but it might be a good idea to take further discussion on this
subject off-list.

So, regarding point #9 on the netiquette page, I *am* specifically
requesting personal reactions :)

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@bonivet.net -- gstewart@spamcop.net
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0)