List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:21614] Desparately need "Delete on server"
From:       Barry Kauler <bkauler () goosee ! com>
Date:       2003-09-21 23:35:09

Hi guys,
I am using Sylpheed on my own little custom
Linux, called "Puppy". (plug: www.goosee.com/puppy).

I'm happy, except for a serious problem.
For the last 5-6 days I have syddenly got an
enormous volume of junk mail, and it's getting
worse, about 300 emails per day, each around 150K. Now, I have a slow Internet connection,
and and it takes over an hour just to download
that lot and then Sylpheed sends it all to
the trash bin.

So, I have to shamefully admit that I'm running the Popcorn email client on Windows
right now, that previews email on the server
and deletes it without downloading.

So, is "Delete on server", rather than the
current miserable "Leave on server", planned
for a future version?
What about Claws?
What can I do?

Regards,