List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:21198] [OT] Re: Any recommendations for a web-email service?
From:       Andrej Kacian <andrej () kacian ! sk>
Date:       2003-07-30 20:46:52

(Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:52:03 +0000)
And William Trenker <wdtrenker@yahoo.ca> said:

> Perhaps this is a bit off-topic, but I admire the email savy of those who
> contribute to this list and I'm hoping you might have related experience
> with my question.
>
> Until now I've been using Yahoo for email so that I don't have to go
> through the pain of changing email addresses when I change to a different
> ISP (which, for me, has happened too many times).  I picked Yahoo because
> they have been offering free POP3 access.  But now that seems to have
> changed -- they want $20 a year for POP3 access.

This is strange - here in Slovakia, where the IT technology is far behind rest
of the civilized world we have several free webmail services, most of which
offer pop3 access, for free as well. I didn't imagine there would be any
problem finding one world-wide. Or is yahoo! just too greedy?

--
/~\ The ASCII        Andrej "Ticho" Kacian <andrej at kacian dot sk>
\ / Ribbon Campaign  GnuPG public key ID: 7CD93FE2 (pgp.mit.edu)