List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:21193] Re: State of LDAP support
From:       Tommy Reynolds <reynolds () redhat ! com>
Date:       2003-07-30 16:43:13

Uttered Francois Barriere <fbarriere@atmel.fr>, spoke thus:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:17:52 -0500
> Tommy Reynolds <reynolds@redhat.com> wrote:
> > I'm having trouble searching my local LDAP service, on my own host,
> > using Sylpheed.  I can search fine manually and using the LdapBrowser
> > tool I found on the net, but can't get Sylpheed to find anything (I'm
> > using the default search filter of '(&(mail=*)(cn=%s*))'.
>
>    You can try to make the filter a little bit more 'open'. Try the
> search filter: cn=*%s*

It still doesn't return any matches for me.  However, I did connect
to the LDAP server for one of the nearby universities and did some
searches, so I think Sylpheed is working fine.  It appears to be a
local setup issue.

Thanks for the tip!

Q)  Is there any debug output from Sylpheed that I can turn on / view?