List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:20714] iconv/UTF-7 issue
From:       Carlo Graziani <carlo () oddjob ! uchicago ! edu>
Date:       2003-06-26 16:52:35

Hello, list.

I'm running RedHat 8.0, glibc-2.3.2.  I built sylpheed from source and
installed it without any problems.  At start-up, I get the dialog box
for creating an e-mail account, which I fill in.

Then the trouble starts:  when I hit the 'OK' button, everything
freezes.  The terminal window from which I launched sylpheed says this:

Sylpheed-WARNING **: iconv cannot convert UTF-7 to ISO-8859-1

...hundreds of times.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about unicode to diagnose the
problem.  Has anyone else seen this, and is there a fix?

Thanks,
Carlo

--
Carlo Graziani                                 (773) 702-7973 (Voice)
Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics       (773) 702-6645 (FAX)