List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:20243] Line wrapping (was: Exit this program?)
From:       Bob Apthorpe <apthorpe-sylpheed () cynistar ! net>
Date:       2003-05-28 14:32:25

Hi,

On Wed, 28 May 2003 09:18:58 -0400
Bill Smith <wsmith@chezsmith.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 May 2003 10:33:53 +0200
> Pinchiukas <pinchiukas@delfi.lt> wrote:
>
> P> all mail clients i've seen wrap the text :) can you give me an
> P> example of some clients that don't? and how many of these program
> P> users are out there?
>
> Pine.
>
> I use Pine when I only have access to a shell to read mail, which
> happens every once in a while.

Speaking of pine and line wrapping, is it possible to steal[1] Pine's
line-wrapping code for sylpheed? Pine wraps quoted text better than
sylpheed (I often have to unquote, wrap, then requote) and I've noticed
that sylpheed has trouble wrapping blocks of text if the line after a
long line of text contains just a space. Long text followed by an empty
line wraps fine. IIRC this affects claws as well.

In the grand scheme of things, I'd rank changing line wrapping higher
than adding a .signature editor. :)

--
Bob Apthorpe

[1] Or otherwise borrow, consistent with Pine's license.