List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:20233] Small bug in sylpheed-claws 0.8.11claws151 ?
From:       Santiago Romero <sromero () servicom2000 ! com>
Date:       2003-05-28 11:21:45

 I've updated sylpheed in my debian sid and I've noticed that
when I click on a mailbox, it always opens the first unread message
in the summary view. whatever the status of the Configuration
-> Common Preferences -> Interface -> "Open the first message..."
checkbox.

 I always use the following options:

CHECKED: Always open selected messages in summary view
UNCHECKED: Open the first message when entering a mailbox
(i'm not sure about the translation, I use the spanish version).

 I do this so that when I enter a folder, I can go directly to the
first unread message WITHOUT OPENING IT (and marking it
as read!). The first option allows me to open the message by
clicking it, and open the next message when I press "DEL" to
delete the current one.

 After upgrading, the unchecked box remains unchecked but
the first message is ALWAYS openned when I enter in any
folder.

 Is it a bug? a feature? is it my fault ?

 CU and thanks a lot.

--
Santiago Romero
Departamento de Sistemas