List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:20225] Re: pgp signatures
From:       Fred Ruffet <fred.ruffet () free ! fr>
Date:       2003-05-28 6:29:23

On Tue, 27 May 2003 13:23:00 -0400, Bill Smith <wsmith@chezsmith.com>
told us :

> P> which is where? in the attachment? :)
> P> and if i see normal messages this means sylpheed decodes them?
>
> Not exactly.

I'd like to add something to Bill's : GPG is not like xeyes. It's no
eye-candy. GPG is a true implementation of PGP. PGP is one of the
strongest encryption algorythm (Even keys are encoded with RSA !). It is
based on set of 2 keys, a private and a public. Public made possible for
anybody to encrypt messages for you, but only your private key (wich one
can be 2048 bits !) can decrypt it.

Just search on the web about PGP, and you'll see what it's all about.

In including GPG, sylpheed offers a true privacy system, even more
reliable than certificates from other programs.

Regards,

--
Fred Ruffet - fred.ruffet@free.fr

"Le barbelé, ça irrite."