List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:19432] .sylpheed_mark update frequency
From:       Yuri Arapov <yuri.arapov () sctest ! vrn ! ru>
Date:       2003-03-25 16:36:32

Hi!

How often does sylpheed updates .sylpheed_mark file(s)?

Maybe a strange question but it makes sense in my case.  I use gkrellm
to count unread messages, and when I DO read the message and its state
changes in sylpheed to 'read' it takes gkrellm about 10 seconds to
update its state (whereas it scans for updates every 3 seconds).  As I
learned gkrellm reads .sylpheed_mark file (if there is one) to count
unreads.  When I invoke 'get' or 'send' commands sylpheed (I guess)
updates .sylpheed_mark immediately, and gkrellm updates properly too.

Yuri

--
Yuri Arapov <yuri.arapov@sctest.vrn.ru>