List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:19032] Re: zombies from use of Action
From:       Melvin Hadasht <melvin.hadasht () free ! fr>
Date:       2003-02-28 9:39:00

Hi Albert,

on Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:35:24 -0600
Albert Wagner <alwagner@tcac.net> wrote:

> I posted a while ago to learn how to use Tools->Action to decode
> uuencoded pictures from newsgroups.  I was given the link:
>
> http://melvin.hadasht.free.fr/home/sylpheed/actions/index.html
>
> The instructions here were excellent.  However, when uudec is invoked in
> this way I end up with a zombie for each picture.  Is there any way to
> avoid this?

This is a bug that was fixed months ago, but I just checked and it seems that
Sylpheed Main implementation of the Actions is not uptodate.

If you're comfortable with cvs and developemnt, get the diff from revision 1.32
to 1.33 and apply them to you local sources. If not, you need to wait until Hiro
updates his sources. You can also avoid using asynchroneous processes (ending
with "&"). But zombie processes do not really use ressources (apart from the
number of running processes which is limited).

Hiro,

The bug was fixed in revision 1.33 of Claws's prefs_actions.c on 2002-10-18.
There are other bugs fixes and improvement since your latest sync with Claws:

Notable changes was made to src/prefs_actions.c on the following  revisions
(Claws cvs)

1.33
Fixed bug #622275 where asynchroneous actions left zombie processes
Made (synchroneous) actions' input be displayed in real time

1.34:
Fixed bug #627322 where MIME parts were not always
correctly passed to a %p action
Display an error dialog when the message's filename is not found.

1.36:
Make Pipe-actions ignore short headers, and make them use the same font as the