List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:18375] Re: filters not working with local mail
From:       Roger Lindmark <roger.lindmark () bredband ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 10:51:34

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:11:31 -0800
La Temperanza <temperanza@softhome.net> wrote:

> *shrug* Sure, but it wouldn't be reinventing the wheel here,
> just bolting on a used one instead of a new one. I'll think
> about it, but I have a feeling procmail will be a lot harder
> to configure for a n00b like me then Sylpheed mail filters
> are.

You could try my settings and they should work, but I am no
procmail expert. First check if procmail is installed. If it is
installed. Create a textfile with name .forward in your home
directory. It contains only this line, where username is for the
e-mail account:
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75#username"

Create another text file in your home directory named
.procmailrc  .Note for Sylpheed the mailfolder name must
end with /. You must perhaps change the name of MAILDIR
if you use another directory. You must add a new filter
option for each mailinglist i.e. on three lines, but check the
examples in man procmailex.

#
#
SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=inbox/.
LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmaillog
VERBOSE=yes
#filter options Sort  out all mail coming from the scuba-dive
#mailing list into the  mailfolder  scubafile  (uses  the
#locallockfile scubafile.lock).
:0:
* ^TOscuba
scubafile/.

At the top of your .fetchmailrc add this line.

set properties "-m /usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

I think you must restart fetchmail to get it working.

Sincerely Yours

Roger
--
Slackware 8.1