List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:18368] Re: spam filtering
From:       torsten <torsten () inetw ! net>
Date:       2003-01-30 6:30:04

> There are at least two ways:
>
> 1) Implementing bayes filter functionality as a part of
> Sylpheed filtering system (not an easy task I guess).
>
> 2) Using actions to index spam messages as spam and finding
> an easy an efficient way to index the other messages as good
> messages. I don't know such a way right now. Probably, it
> will require Sylpheed patching too :(
>
> Both ways require a lot of time and effort. So, I stick to
> traditional filters for now.
>
> I've read, there is bayes statistical filter implementation
> in Mozilla Mail 1.3 alpha. Have anyone tried it?

Hi, I've set up a bayes filter in sylpheed-claws.  It took
about 5 minutes.  I followed directions here:
http://web.purplefrog.com/~thoth/spam/
I modified the "good" mail search to include all my "good" subfolders.
My mail does not all sit in my inbox, as is assumed by the directions.

It did take about ten minutes to download and compile sylhpeed-claws.

I'm having a lot of fun, I just dare spam come my way, and
watch happily as it hits my "spam" folder.  I get about 100-150
spams per day now, so this new filter is almost bringing tears to
my eyes.

Torsten