List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:18336] Filtering mysterious spam
From:       Joseph Zitt <jzitt () metatronpress ! com>
Date:       2003-01-28 8:22:33

I've been getting a spam message repeatedly over the past few days that
seems to be baffling my filters.

The weird thing is the Subject: line. It appears

- in message view, blank
- in the message listing window, present (about supposed dvd->cd
duplication)
- in "View Message Source", completely absent.
- in Emacs (after I've done a Save as...), present with two unusual
characters (shown in hexl-mode as "b0") following it.

The message is substantially the same as shown at
http://www.web2news.com/news/030/060/4801.htm

This is under Sylheed 0.8.9 on Red Hat Linux 8.0.

Any idea how they did this, and how to get my Sylpheed spam filters to
catch it? It gets right past anything that filters on the Subject: line.

--
| jzitt@josephzitt.com                      http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| GPG: A4224EFA                         http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |