List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:17519] Filters
From:       Rich Wellner <sylpheed () objenv ! com>
Date:       2002-12-04 15:37:01

I have a couple questions about filters.

1) Is it possible to construct a filter that matches a keyword against *any*
header.  I see that I can type in different header values in the edit box, but
trying to leave that blank, putting in a * and putting in 'any' all failed to
do what I'd like it to.

2) Is it possible to match against the body of a message (yes I know that
could be slow, I don't care, I have a need to do this and am willing to pay
the price for it)?

3) Is it possible to use regular expressions in the keyword column?

4) Does sylpheed have any scripting language built in (e.g. scheme, python)?
Is there thought about adding that?  And, you can probably see this one
coming, will there be a way to hook scripts into the filter engine such that I
would be able to provide 1-3 myself?

Overall my vast one hour of using sylpheed suggests that I'm close to finding
something that will get me to switch from gnus, but I'm kind of a power user
when it comes to filters and need just a bit more than what's there I think.

Looking through the source I see that regex matching already exists in some
form, so perhaps I just am missing how to use it for point 3 above (BTW,
needle/haystack, very amusing, gave me a chuckle this morning...)

I'd be willing to add some of these features if Hiroyuki is willing to accept
patches.

rw2