List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:17448] Is using both  nmh and sylpheed possible
From:       Paul van der Zwan <paulz () vanderzwan ! org>
Date:       2002-11-30 15:50:54

I used nmh to manage my mail ( and exmh) but I do like the GUI sylpheed
offers, but I run into some problems when using the both together.
When I pack a folder using folder -pack sylpheed get completely confused
about which message have been read and which haven't.
I have looked at the FAQ and the manual and I haven't seen anything
about using both the nmh commandline tools and sylpheed.
Exmh uses the nmh commands to perform the lowlevel mail operations so
that works quite well when I used the gui and the commandline, it's just
that I like the sylpheed gui better for some things.
The search interface in exmh for instance is more powerful because it
uses glimpse as a search engine...

	Paul

--
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over
public relations, for nature cannot be fooled.