List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:17440] Reply to list when list is neither To nor From
From:       TomF <TomF () sjpc ! org>
Date:       2002-11-30 4:55:24

I clicked an entry in the Inbox folder to display the forwarded message.  Then I clicked the reply \
button, and did not notice that the To address had been set to \
bastille-linux-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net in the Compose window until I noticed my reply in the \
mailing list archives.  This was disconcerting, because I thought I was subscribed, but wasn't.  I have \
attached the relevant portions of the message.

Once I knew what had happened, I found the thread in the Sylpheed mailing list that discussed the \
behavior of Reply, and verified that I had the Reply to Mailing List option set under \
Configuration->General->Compose.

What still bothers me is:  how did Sylpheed choose between bastille-linux-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net \
and the other was not?  Did it just scan the body of the message and choose the first character string it \
found that looked like it might be a mailing list?

It seems to me that Reply to List, buried in the options, is too dangerous.  Please consider adding a \
Reply to List button to the toolbar.  Then the Reply to List function would only be invoked by explicit \
user action at the time of replying to a message.

Begin forwarded message: