List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:17406] memory leak with X11
From:       Amaury Demol <ademol () dibcom ! fr>
Date:       2002-11-28 15:20:48

Hi,

   It seems to me that there is a memory leak in X when
viewing attached pictures with Sylpheed.
   Each time a picture is displayed in Sylpheed, X use
more RAM (even when switching between two).
   So the X memory can increase to 150Meg when sylpheed
is never closed.
   When Sylpheed is closed, the X memory immediately goes
down to a normal 20-25meg.

   Is it normal? Is it a problem in X11 (Xfree 4.0.2) or
in gdk/gtk (1.2.10).
   I didn't notice this with other gtk programs but perhaps
I close them too often.

   This is not new to 0.8.6, I can reproduce it with 0.8.2.

my config of sylpheed is :
$ ./configure  --enable-gpgme
image support : yes (gdk-pixbuf)
GnuPG         : yes
JPilot        : no
LDAP          : no
OpenSSL       : no
compface      : yes
libjconv      : no
IPv6          : no

  Can you reproduce it or is it special to my systems ?
Any Ideas ?

--
Amaury Demol