List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:16346] Re: Outlook signed messages
From:       Daniel Lorch <ml-daniel () lorch ! cc>
Date:       2002-09-30 14:40:48

hi,

> Also he cannot verify my signed messages because my public key is
> "detached". He said so and I don't understand a thing. Should I change
> something or he should change ?

Go to [Configuration] -> [Edit Accounts] -> [Edit] -> [Privacy] -> [Use
ASCII-armored format for encryption], then ignore the warning. ASCII-armored
encryption is supported by most mail clients (for example KMail), although it
is considered to be outdated and should be replaced by PGP/SMIME sooner or
later. Basically, sylpheed behaves correctly, but other mail clients don't
follow the standards ..

-daniel