List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:16272] Address book oddity?
From:       Bruce Bowler <bbowler () bigelow ! org>
Date:       2002-09-27 13:06:36

I'm using 0.8.0 (I know I should upgrade...) and have an entry in my
address book that is entered as follows...

On the "Basic Data" tab

Display Name is "First Last" (no quotes)
First Name and Last Name are both blank
Nickname is "Nick" (no quotes)

On the "Email address" tab
Email address is "user@domain.com" (no quotes)
Alias and remark are blank

There's nothing specified on the "User Attributes" tab.

When I enter Nick on the TO (or CC) line of the compose window and hit
tab, it offers up the address as

Nick <user@domain.com> rather than First Last <user@domain.com>

Why?  It would seem to me that "Display Name" is what should be
displayed...

Sign me confused...