List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:15638] [Solved] Re:  Gdk error
From:       Jacob S. <j-schroeder () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2002-08-28 5:10:49

Strangely enough, it appears upgrading to Xfree86 v4 (which didn't
used to have support for my card) solved my problem.

So, once again, I find Sylpheed's great; the user needs to learn a *lot*
:-)

Jacob

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:19:01 -0500
Jacob Schroeder <j-schroeder@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> I think half of my problem may be caused by Debian, but I wasn't able
> to find the answer on the debian-user list. I compiled 0.8.2 and it
> worked great - it didn't even seem to have a problem with my somewhat
> outdated gpgme 0.3.5 and gpg 1.06. However, whenever I try to start it
> from the command line, the window displays for a split second while
> errors are popping up in the console, and then the window disappears
> and the console tells me sylpheed had a segmentation fault.
>
> The errors it's showing me are:
> Gdk-WARNING **: Missing charsets in FontSet creation
>
> Gdk-WARNING **:     ISO8859-1
>
> Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkfont.c: line 220 (gdk_font_ref): assertion
> `font != NULL'
> failed.
>
> I decided to go back to 0.8.1 since it had been working great, but
> after compiling it I'm getting the same errors. I also tried
> installing a ton of fonts today, but nothing there seems to have fixed
> it either.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm running Debian 3.0 and X 3.3.6.
>
> TIA,
> Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024/16377135

In a world without fences, who needs Gates?
http://www.linux.org/