List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:15212] Re: [OT] A matter of privacy: (was Re: Notification request)
From:       Mario Alberto Cozzuol <cozzuol () enter-net ! com ! br>
Date:       2002-07-29 22:10:48

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 22:39:10 +0200
Dirk Taggesell <sylpheed@taggesell.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:09:36 -0400
> Greg Louis <glouis@dynamicro.on.ca> wrote:
> > MMV's.  I respect and understand your opinion but don't entirely share
> > it.  A good 90% of the email I send is to colleagues at work, and it
> > is most definitely important to the efficient conduct of our joint
> > efforts that I keep track of whether my communications reach them.
> This is of cause a valid exception :-)

Also, return receipt is like a registered regular mail latter, letting you know that the message arrive \
to the hands (or eyes...) of the recipient and, of course, giving you a document of that fact... In a \
non-ideal world, sometimes peoples prefer to "ignore" some important message and just blame the "ether" \
for non receiving it... With return receipt you have a document to prove the message was delivered and \
received... so, not "ether" fault! ;-). Cheers!
Mario

--
Mario A. Cozzuol
Caixa Postal 444