List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:14650] Re: Can't connect to distant POP3 server.
From:       Henryk =?ISO-8859-1?B?UGz2dHo=?= <HenrykPloetz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-06-28 13:09:37

Moin,

Am Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:53:26 +0200 schrieb Gil Andre:

> Come on, I mean, that's the first thing I checked!  ;)

Ok, so check your network. Try

ping pop.abc.xyz
telnet pop.abc.xyz 110

and see if both succeed. If ping fails but telnet succeeds, that would be
ok too. If telnet gets through, it's a problem with sylpheed or your
configuration, if not, it's a problem with your network or the remote
server. I'd suppose you ask the network admin, as I bet there's some sort
of packet filter protecting your business network.

--
Henryk Plötz
Grüße aus Berlin