List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:14624] Re: LDAP support for Sylpheed
From:       Ricardo Mones Lastra <mones () trasgu ! aic ! uniovi ! es>
Date:       2002-06-27 16:50:05

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:47:59 -0400 (EDT)
Ron Kelley <rkelley@cisco.com> wrote:

> (2) How can I make LDAP automatically fill-in the TO: or CC: fields?
> The FAQ mentions to simply put in a partial match (ie. Ron Kelley) and
> the address will be filled in.  However, this is not the case.
> Basically, I want to compose a new message and simply put in the
> person's name and have the LDAP automatically find the address.  I have
> tried "Ron Kelley<TAB-KEY>" (using the TAB key) but this does not work.

  First you should add the addresses into Sylpheed's Address Book. LDAP
dynamic queries still not work with tab-key AFAIK.

> (3) How can I put a default extension on an email address?  If I use
> "rkelley" in the TO: block, I want Sylpheed to automatically append
> "@domain.name".

  a) Add the address to the AB and press tab after typing rkelley
  b) Configure your MTA to make "rkelley" mail transported to
"rkelley@domain.name"

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones Lastra - mones@aic.uniovi.es
  Centro de Inteligencia Artificial, Universidad de Oviedo en Gijon