List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:13769] Re: Address Book
From:       Philippe Ney <philippe.ney () smartdata ! ch>
Date:       2002-05-29 16:53:59

Nope, you won't lose anything (email or config)

I don't know about Mandrake pkg manager but I think it use rpm, don't it?

Then get the stuff you need from Sylpheed site
http://sylpheed.good-day.net/

And upgrade with something like
# rpm -Uvh  sylpheed-0.7.6-2.i386.rpm

et voila ... enjoy!

or you can take the .tgz source package and 'configure, make, make install'

-philippe