List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:13764] saving sorting method etc.
From:       Georg Neis <georg.neis () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-05-29 13:05:03

Hallo!

I am using Sylpheed for 2 days but I've some problems:

When I customize the sorting method (threading, then date - new mails
at the top), this works first. But when I refresh the screen after
this ("Ansicht" --> "Aktualisieren" bzw. <CRTL><ALT><U>) or restart
the program, this setting (the sorting method) is resetted again. I
cannot save the setting.

I have a similar problem with "Ansicht" -> "Zeichensatz" in the
menubar (in englisch perhaps "view" --> "charset"). If I set this
option to 8859-1, this is saved, but only for this session. If I
restart Sylpheed, there is the defaultvalue setted (auto).

These are my biggest problems and I cannot solve them. I checked the
configfiles in ~./sylpheed, but it seems that the sortingmethod isn't
saved there.

Any advices? I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ.

System info:
Sylpheed version 0.7.6 (GTK+ 1.2.8; i686-pc-linux-gnu)
SuSE Linux 7.1 (Kernel 2.4.0-4GB); KDE 1

Gruß,
Georg