List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:13722] Re: Migration from Evolution --- HELP!
From:       Alfons Hoogervorst <alfons () proteus ! demon ! nl>
Date:       2002-05-28 18:09:05

Lo Ryan,

On 28-05-02 (Tue) 12:38 +0200
Ryan Lumsden <joeblack@thos.co.za> wrote:

  | ohh, one more question:
  | Is there a tool to do a mass convert of evolution mail to
  | sylphee mail?

You probably already Sylpheed can't recursively convert files, just mbox
by mbox. I don't think Sylpheed should allow more advanced conversions,
because well it would bloat things, and these are typically things that
are only done once. After that people should stick to sylpheed and never
ever touch another mailer except for Mutt, I recon. :-)

However, there are lots of other UNIX command line tools that can do
exactly what you want.

See for example:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/mail/mh-faq/part1/section-11.html
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=nl&lr=&th=9ddb394f7217f1c1&rnum=1
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=convert+mbox+to+mh&start=40&hl=nl&lr=&selm=17851%40duke.cs.duke.edu&rnum=47

I'm sure someone can whip out a script that can mass convert mboxes in
different folders to mh folders.

Bye.

--
Ecuación algebraico sin solución posible,
a menos de poseer profundos conocimientos