List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:13000] Re: sylpheed for windows - hanging rock solid.
From:       torte <torte () netztorte ! de>
Date:       2002-04-30 14:02:38

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:23:22 +0300
Liviu BURCUSEL <liviu@voxline.ro> wrote:

> I tried last night the windoze version of Sylpheed on my home computer
> running Win98SE and Syl hangs just after hiting the "Close" button in
> Create new acount window. Any thoughts about that ? What was wrong ?

Is this an IMAP account ? If so, it tries to connect to the remote
Server and then creates the folder structure on your hd.
This takes some seconds on success, but maybe take very long,
if the connection cant be established correctly.

In any case, you should take a look at the output from "Tools/Log Window"
- this may show, where the problem comes from.

Did you use the -very- latest sylpheed version (i.e. from April, 29th) ?
It contains a GLIB fix regarding tcp/ip communication
(also in claws2 from April, 28th).

HTH
Thorsten
<torte@netztorte.de>