List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:12997] Re: How to hide the compose-message window when sending email with external editor
From:       Melvin Hadasht <melvin.hadasht () free ! fr>
Date:       2002-04-30 13:00:34

Hi,

on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 12:45:21 +0200
Santiago Romero <sromero@servicom2000.com> wrote:

 >  Doing a gvim --help I've noticed the following option:
 >
 >   --socketid <xid>     Open Vim inside another GTK widget
 >
 >  Would this allow to open gvim integrated into sylpheed? :?

Yes. But there is a GTK?GVIM? UI problem: you need to click with the mouse in
the gvim text part to be able to use the keyboard in gvim. This makes it awkward
to use. There is an undocumented --echo-wid in gvim that could also be used to
swallow the created gvim window. (gvim opens a new window normally, it outputs
the xid, and another application takes that xid and swallows the window). But
that's really ugly, too, but at least it does not have the keyboard focus
problem. Neither ways is clean enough to implement. Sadly.

Cheers

--
Melvin Hadasht