List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:12034] Re: standards violation
From:       Jason Wojciechowski <jlw99 () hampshire ! edu>
Date:       2002-03-29 17:44:23

Hello,

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:04:41 +0100
"Lo'oRiS il Kabukimono" <lo_oris@libero.it> wrote:

 | i think it would be an intresting feature to clearly warn the user if
 | he tries to violate standards.
 |
 | there should be an option "allow standards violation" that if isn't
 | triggered would prevent from doing things like disabling line-wrap,
 | not using "-- " as sig separator, not using at all a sig separator,
 | etc...

Pan currently does this.  I get "You're posting a message that's mostly
quoted text" sometimes.  If developers end up wanting to implement this
and it turns non-trivial, the Pan source might be a place to look.

--
Jason Wojciechowski==jwojciechowski@hampshire.edu
http://wonka.hampshire.edu/~jason

You are a very redundant person, that's what kind of person you are.