List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:12026] Re: Segfault is Sylpheed's gtk_stext_delete_to_line_end ()
From:       Amaury Demol <ademol () dibcom ! fr>
Date:       2002-03-29 16:09:46

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 02:02:19 -0700
Paul Dickson <dickson@permanentmail.com> wrote to Sylpheed List
<sylpheed@good-day.net>:

> I leave Sylpheed running continuously.  Occasionally I get a Segfault.
> Lately, I've been launching Sylpheed within GDB.  I run an RPM compiled
> version of Sylpheed so it doesn't appear that I can access variables, but
> I am including the stack trace or the program.
>
> I was doing "Search message...", in reverse order looking for text in the
> message body.  I pressed the "search" button, but the program segfaulted
> before it could release the button.

   I also encountered this problem yesterday. I lost the email I was
writing. I was doing several search in different folder. I was very
surprised since Sylpheed is generally very stable.

   However I couldn't reproduce the crash. I compiled Sylpheed myself
without specific option in ./configure.

   Perhaps it should be possible to intercept the SEGV, to backup
the edited email(s) in a temporary file(s) or in draft folder ?

--
Amaury