List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:11979] Reply to List patch
From:       Jamin W.Collins <jcollins () asgardsrealm ! net>
Date:       2002-03-28 14:40:40

Attached you will find a small patch to sylpheed that adds the ability to
easily reply to mailing lists.  The patch alters the normal "Reply"
button's functionality.  If it detects Headers from a mailing list, it
defaults to replying to that list.  If the message does not contain a
mailing list header (see below), normal reply funcationality kicks in.

The logic for this patch was borrowed from Evolution's handling of mailing
lists.  Some of you might be asking "Why a patch for Sylpheed when
Sylpheed-Claws already handles this?".  Well, I looked into how Claws was
handling replys to Mailing Lists.  From what I could find, Claws is using
"sscanf" patterns.  I believe this limits the types headers it can handle
(I could be wrong on this).  In addition, it appears to only handle two
headers (X-Mailing-List and X-BeenThere).  The attached patch uses regular
expressions, and handles all of the following headers:

- Sender
- Return-Path
- X-BeenThere
- Delivered-To
- X-Mailing-List
- X-Loop
- List-Id
- List-Post
- Mailing-List
- Originator
- X-List

And, while not normally a mailing list header, I've also begun work on
supporting "Mail-Followup-To".

All feedback is welcome.

--
Jamin W. Collins

["reply-to-list.patch.gz" (application/octet-stream)]