List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:11051] IMAP caching problem
From:       John Gateley <gateley () jriver ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 6:00:25

Hi Y'all,

Running sylpheed 0.7.2 (not claws) I still have a huge problem
with IMAP. I read my mail at home, leave a lot of messages in
the inbox, and then go to work and eventually remove them. When
I get back home, they are still in the inbox (with no readable
body). It doesn't matter if I delete them or move them to a
different folder. (Though if I merely move them, I still can read
them in the inbox at home).

I found a work-around. I tried this exactly once, use at your
own risk. Before starting sylpheed, do:
rm .sylpheed/imapcache/<maildomain>/<user>/INBOX/.sylpheed*
This gets rid of the cached IMAP data, forcing it to reread
everything from the IMAP server.

Thanks,

Public key at http://www.jriver.com/~gateley