List:       sylpheed
Subject:    [sylpheed:11031] Sylpheed 0.7.2, Newsreader Lockup
From:       Roger Pryor <rjpryor () unix ! infoserve ! net>
Date:       2002-02-27 22:32:54

Hi:

I don't think that I have seen this in the group messages, but if
it has already been reported, then my apologies.

I leave Sylpheed up in it's own desktop window (SuSE 7.3/KDE) on
a 24/7 basis (I have ADSL).  I use Sylpheed to read newsgroups as well as
mail.

The new version  (I was using 0.6.5 until Friday last week) seems to
encounter a lockup in any of the newsgroups that I read, possibly after a
protocol error (as noted in the log window).  Any message and/or another
newsgroup seems to be unavailable.  The log seems to indicate that
messages are being received, but none show up on the display.

It can be cleared by restarting Sylpheed (the current work-around).

Congratulations on a superb package.  I use it for both my work and
pleasure.