List:       swsusp-devel
Subject:    Re: [Swsusp-devel] kernel 2.6
From:       Sebastian Kugler <sebas1 () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-01-14 18:32:38

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 19:17, David Grant wrote:
> I'm confused about swsusp and kernel 2.6.  Is there already a version
> of swsusp in the kernel that is different from the patches from the
> swsusp website?  Is the one in the kernel working?

At this moment, there are 3 different implementations of the 'hibernate
functionality' available for 2.6. The swsusp in the kernel is an older
version of swsusp, and yes, it should be working.

However, if you want fast suspending and resuming, and you don't bother
patching your kernel, then you really should give swsusp2 a try.

Have a look at this page for some more information and a comparison of
the three implementations:

http://swsusp.sourceforge.net/features.html

best regards,

sebas