List:       swsusp-devel
Subject:    Re: [Swsusp-devel] swsusp 1.0-pre16 success report
From:       Roland Riegel <roland.riegel.maillist () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-07-06 22:21:33

Am Sonntag, 6. Juli 2003 22:24 schrieben Sie:
> Hi.

Hi Nigel!

> On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 20:05, Roland Riegel wrote:
> > The only problem experienced so far is that my system clock is missing
> > about an hour and that my on board sound stopped working. But maybe this
> > is what the suspend script is for. :)
>
> If you use
>
> /sbin/hwclock --hctosys
>
> perhaps also with --directisa if the above hangs,
>
> you clock will be corrected after resume.

Thanks. I am now using the suspend script 0.14.1 which does this
automatically, I think. Additionally I am using a ntp time server anyway. So
this should no longer be a problem.

> As to sound, you need to compile as modules and unload them prior to
> suspending (or implement power management in the driver).

I already added my init.d script for loading/unloading my sound driver modules
to the SWSUSP_RESTART_SERVICES section of /etc/suspend.conf, which seems to
be working.

BTW, the script does not seem to know the distro I am using: LFS (Linux From
Scratch). In LFS, there is no /etc/init.d for example, as the script assumes.

> You're welcome.

I am following swsusp's development for over two years now, and it is fun
watching it getting mature.

Thank you very much for your hard work,
Roland