List:       swsusp-devel
Subject:    [Swsusp-devel] Patch 15: Note on proc permissions.
From:       Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham () clear ! net ! nz>
Date:       2003-06-28 6:56:10

Hi all.

I forgot to mention about the permissions on the proc directory. Michael
had asked that I make them user writable. I implemented this and then
thought some more. It doesn't really make sense to have access to
/proc/swsusp as a normal user, not only for security reasons, but also
because you need to be root to do the actions such as running hwclock
after suspending. Since that's the case, I reversed the changes.

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
495 St Georges Road South, Hastings 4201, New Zealand

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless,
Christ died for the ungodly.
	-- Romans 5:6, NIV.