List:       swsusp-devel
Subject:    Re: [Swsusp] Excluding block device buffer
From:       Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham () clear ! net ! nz>
Date:       2002-11-14 21:50:38

Hi.

If you don't use my version, you'll get more than that. The other
versions eat all the memory they can and then save what can't be eaten
to disk. The net effect is that you don't need much swap space and the
suspend/resume doesn't take long, but you get a pretty unresponsive
system on resume (until everything needed is swapped/read back in). I'm
working on getting a larger image saved, which will eventually be along
the lines of what you're asking for. (First, though, we seem to need the
2.5 driver model for better stability).

Regards,

Nigel

--