List:       swsusp-devel
Subject:    [swsusp] A few questions about suspending to disk.....
From:       "IT3 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR-R" <stuart () bh90210 ! net>
Date:       2001-12-03 8:30:24

List members:

	Is it possible to suspend to disk using a file as opposed to a swap
partition?

	If I have been using loop-aes (its on source forge, a filesystem encryption
technology), how will suspend to disk on swap work if my swap is encrypted
using this tec hnology?

	I am at this point thinking (most likely, since I know I have APM in my
BIOS; I have an Inspiron 8000 from Dell), am I better to just stick with the
standard 'apm -S' (or 'apm -s', I forget which one), and use a standard
unpatched kernel to do hibernation.

	However, I am open to listening to both the pros and cons of either
solution. I am also curious if your solution is going to be integrated into
a standard Linus kernel anytime soon?

Very Respectfully,

Stuart Blake Tener, IT3, USNR-R, N3GWG
Beverly Hills, California
VTU 1904G (Volunteer Training Unit)
stuart@bh90210.net
west coast: (310)-358-0202 P.O. Box 16043, Beverly Hills, CA 90209-2043
east coast: (215)-338-6005 P.O. Box 45859, Philadelphia, PA 19149-5859

Telecopier: (419)-715-6073 fax to email gateway via www.efax.com (it's
free!)

JOIN THE US NAVY RESERVE, SERVE YOUR COUNTRY, AND BENEFIT FROM IT ALL.

Sunday, December 02, 2001 10:22 PM