List:       swiff-info
Subject:    [swiff-info] Re: Define Text vs DefineText2
From:       "Jean-François Mezei" <vaxination>
Date:       1999-06-24 21:34:00

>Has anyone noticed that both the DefineText and DefineText2 tags seems to
>have identical documentation and share the same tag ID of 11 ?

as a followup to my own post, I found in some code tidbits (swfparse.cpp)
that DefineText2 is really a tag 12 instead of 11 and that it has
additional (for SWF 3.0) alpha capabilities.

Interestingly. the same .cpp file states that tags above 25 are for SWift
3, but DefineText2 is below 25 :-) :-)

Nevertheless, neither the macromedia nor the homepages.tig.au sites show a
difference between DefineText and DEfineText2's record layouts.

Also, another comment in case anyone at Macromedia sees this: the
DoAction *TAG* description (the one that has the TagID=12) should be with
the other tag descriptions instead of being at the very end of the DoAction
content descriptions. Not a big deal, but in elaborating the list of
TAGids, I had missed that one since it was not with the other tags.

jf