List:       swiff-info
Subject:    [swiff-info] Re: Matrix values
From:       Nick Main <d_nick_main>
Date:       1999-09-08 0:59:39

The swf matrix is a standard 2d coord transform
matrix, thus for all points:

new x = (x * scaleX) + (y * rotskew1 ) + translateX
new y = (x * rotskew0) + (y * scaleY ) + translateY

(I think that's correct)

So, to rotate through angle A and scale in both
directions by S:
    scaleX   = S * cos(A)
    scaleY   = S * cos(A)
    rotSkew0 = S * -sin(A)
    rotSkew1 = S *  sin(A)

If A = 0 then sin(A) = 0 and cos(A) = 1 - so only the
scale parameters play a role.

There are no separate operations - the whole transform
is a single action.

Hope that helps a little !

--Nick