List:       svk-devel
Subject:    [svk-devel] File::Temp 0.16 versus 0.17
From:       jpeacock () rowman ! com (jpeacock () rowman ! com)
Date:       2006-12-21 21:30:25

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:00:57 -0800, "Mark Grimes" <mark@stateful.net> wrote:
> In other words, Perl 5.8.8 has File::Temp 0.16, but the require in SVK is
> for 0.17.  It doesn't matter if I have File::Temp 0.17 in site_perl (or
> vendor_perl as per @INC for macports) before Perl attempts to go out to
> CPAN to fetch the missing dependency.
>
> This seems to be a pretty big weakness in Perl packaging if you have to
> "destroy" your perl-core in order to get a passing dependency check.
> Searching the net for a solution was to no avail.

This is ActiveState's fault, because they package the modules that /their/ tools rely \
on in "perl" which is always checked before "site".  AFAIK, the only way to deal with \
this is to delete the package out of the perl directories so that the siteperl \
modules are visible.  I've complained about it before to ActiveState, and they were \
suprisingly unhelpful.

YMMV

John