List:       suse-xfree86
Subject:    Re: [suse-xfree86] Problem using a large flat screen monitor
From:       Manfred Haertel <manfred.haertel () lotto-rlp ! de>
Date:       2005-03-24 8:42:32

Hello!

> Well, I still have the problem to reach the monitor's full resolution
> 1366x768.

The problem is also solved now. The graphics card seems only to accept
resolutions which are multiples of 8. 1366 is not, 1360 and 1368 are.

If I use 1360, I have aliasing effects on the screen (can be seen with
the X Window System background). If I use 1368, the monitor still
recognizes a 1366x768 resolution, but without aliasing, so I think it
cuts away the first and last pixel row. I think we can live with that.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Manfred Härtel

--
Lotto Rheinland-Pfalz GmbH