List:       suse-sparc
Subject:    Re: [suse-sparc] How to use the stop, again, copy, paste, etc. keys on a
From:       Lieven Buts <lieven () ultr ! vub ! ac ! be>
Date:       2003-03-07 8:51:05

Pieter Hulshoff wrote:
> Is there anyone who can tell me how I can get SuSE 7.3 to acknowledge my
> special keys (stop, again, copy, paster, etc.) on my SUN type 6 keyboard? If
> so, would that person please tell me how to do it? :)

I don't know about the Sun keys specifically, but I know that you can
get
the keycodes for the special multimedia keys on some PC keyboards using
the X program "xev". This program opens a window and whan you type into
it,
it displays the keycodes of the keys you press. You can then configure X
to bind these keycodes to what you want them to mean. See
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/xwin/xkeys.html for more info.

If the Sun keys also produce events in this way, it may be possible to
do
the same. Of course, it's possible that somebody already did this.

--
Lieven Buts
Vrije Universiteit Brussel