List:       suse-sparc
Subject:    RE: [suse-sparc] First Time LINUX installation on Sparc
From:       "Swaney, Steve" <steve.swaney () gs ! com>
Date:       2001-04-30 12:39:20

I had no problem using Nero 5.0.4.4. I believe the only trick was to select:

File -> Burn image

Then select the iso image file name from the pop-up.

Trying to select the iso image file using:

File -> Open  or the Wizard

Generates the error message "Unexpected File Format"

Be careful trying to use this image in a Sun CDROM. My CDROM writer (and all
PC writers) creates 2048 blocks where the Sun CD drives expect 512 blocks.
I was able to successfully boot my Sparc 10 ONLY with the SCSI Ricoh R/W CD
that I use to make the boot CD.

There is a lot more information of the Sun CD blocksize problem in this list
about a month back.

Steve
Steve Swaney

Office: 212 357.7659