List:       suse-sparc
Subject:    Help with Wu-ftpd not working on a new suse sparc server
From:       "Wayne Ringling" <wayne () digitalwebtech ! net>
Date:       2001-04-27 3:21:36

 I installed Wu-ftpd on my server and tried to log into my home dir and I
get the following.

 blah,blah <- normal login stuff

 230 user wayne logged in
 Remote system type is unix.
 Using binary mode to transfer files.
 >ftp dir <- "dir is what I type in"
 500 'EPSV' :command not understood
 227 Entering Passive Mode (0,0,0,0,4,55)
 500 Illegal Port command
 ftp: bind: Address already in use
 >ftp ls <- "ls is what I type in"
 500 Illegal Port command

 I am trying to log in from my other suse sparc box and which I have used to
grab new rpms so I know that the ftp client on that machine works.

 The only other thing might be that I run Wu-Ftpd from Xinetd. Does that
require me to make any changes to any of the configs other than xinetd.  I
did that one and that part seems to be working.  I am also running kernel
2.18 on a SMP Sparc 10.

 Thanks in advance for any help.

Wayne Ringling